Due to demand from industry, I-CAR NZ has now launched the Silver Recognition Programme.
Silver is the next step after Bronze and continues in the drive towards recognition of skills for collision repair technicians.
Your pathway to Silver is as follows:
- Achieve Bronze level (learn more)
- For Repairer strand – complete a further 8 hours from the Bronze level
- For Administration strand – complete a further 4 hours from the Bronze level
- Current WCS03 – Automotive Steel MIG Welding Qualification (Mandatory for Repairer strand)
- Complete 12 hours of courses from the following list:
- WCS04 (4 hours) – STRSW Squeeze Type Resistance Spot Welding (Inverter Spot Welding)
- VT430E01 (1 hour) – Intro to Electric Vehicles (previously ALT02, ALT03)
- VT450E01 (1 hour) – Electric Vehicle (EV) Initial Inspection and Handling (previously ALT02, ALT03)
- RTI01 (4 hours) – Researching Technical Information (Mandatory for Administration strand)
- RVT01 (2 hours) – Understanding Rivet Bonding
- OEM01 (2 hours) – Trends 2020 and ADAS Technology – will change annually as new technology evolves eg. NEW17, NEW16 etc (Mandatory for Repairer strand from 1 January 2016 unless RTI01 has been completed)
- NZ Model Specific update courses (1 hour) – Holden, Hyundai, Ford, Kia, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Toyota
- NZ Model Specific courses (2 hours) – Suzuki, Holden, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Ford, Toyota, Subaru
Silver Recognition certification requires annual revalidation by completing at least 2 hours of I-CAR NZ accredited training each year.