1. General: I-CAR New Zealand Trust (we/us/our) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we collect, use, disclose, manage and protect your personal information. It is not intended to limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993.):
2. Subject to change: This policy is subject to change. Any changes will be effective when a notice of the change is posted on our website www.i-car.co.nz. Please check this policy periodically so that you are aware of any changes.
3. Acceptance: By using our services, our website and/or providing your personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of that information as set out in this policy (as amended from time to time).
What information do we collect and hold?
4. Collection of information: We may collect and hold personal information about you through your use of our services and our website and through your registration with us (if applicable). Examples of information we may collect and hold, includes (without limitation):
- your name, address, telephone number, email address; and
- if you have attended or booked one of our courses, any information relating to your attendance or booking, including (without limitation), the date of the course, the result of your test paper score and the expiry date of your course certification (if applicable).
This information is usually collected directly from you but it may be provided by other parties and/or generated by your use of our services and/or our website (such as through “cookies” which are data stored on your computer’s hard drive when you use our website, or through other similar software technology).
You may choose not to provide any personal information to us, however, as a result we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
How do we use and disclose information?
5. Use of information: The primary reason for collecting personal information about you is to assist us to provide our services and our website to you, to help us analyse the use of our services and our website, to enable us to contact you in relation to our services or our website, and to fulfill our legal obligations (if applicable).
6. Disclosure of information: The intended recipients of any personal information we collect or hold about you, are us, our related entities, and our employees, agents and contractors (as necessary). However, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties where:
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose such information; or
- you have booked or attended one of our courses and that third party has paid for your course. The type of information we may provide to such third party is any information relating to your booking or attendance, including (without limitation), the date of the course, the result of your test paper score and the expiry date of your course certification (if applicable).
Access to and correction of personal information
7. Accuracy: We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
8. Access and correction: You can access and request correction of your personal information at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made by contacting us (see below for details). Please note that there are some exceptions to your right to gain access to your information, including (without limitation) where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would be unlawful.
Protection of personal information
9. Protection of personal information: We will take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our database. However, the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. You agree to keep your username and password details secure (if applicable).
10. Other sites: We may provide links on our website to other sites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we will not be responsible for the content of such sites or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of such sites before providing any personal information.
11. Further Information: Please contact us if you:
- wish to discuss any privacy issues; or
- have any concerns regarding your personal information.
Our contact details are listed in the “Contacts” section of our website www.i-car.co.nz.