Vehicle Construction Material Types
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Vehicle Construction Material Types is a 45-minute course that introduces how vehicle makers use a variety of materials in vehicle design and why it is important to identify these materials. Students will learn how to identify the different material types, including steel, aluminum, magnesium, carbon fiber, plastics and composites, glass, and adhesives, sealer, and foams.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of materials used in vehicle construction.
- Explain how the construction materials are designed to protect the occupants in a collision.
- Identify the different types of steel and explain how the forming process can affect its strength.
- Explain the use and considerations of aluminum.
- Explain how foams and adhesives are used in vehicle construction.
- Explain how stationary glass plays a role in the structural integrity of a vehicle.
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.