Restraint System Overview
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Restraint System Overview is a 60-minute course that covers how to identify the parts and function of a vehicle supplemental restraint system. This includes the basics of a vehicle supplemental restraint systems, restraint system sensors, vehicle restraints control module, seat belt assemblies and seat belt pre-tensioners, airbag modules, and active roll bar operation. You will also learn how to work safely around supplemental restraints systems.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the parts of a supplemental restraint system and describe the safety features activated during a collision.
- Explain the function of a vehicle occupant classification system and the operation and locations of impact and safing sensors.
- Recall the functions and locations of the restraint control module.
- Describe the function and attributes of seat belts.
- Identify the function and types of seat belt pre-tensioners.
- Identify the parts of a vehicle airbag system.
- Describe the types of airbag modules.
- Explain how the direction of impact affects the function of a vehicle supplemental restraints system.
- Identify the characteristics, functionality, and operation of active headrests and roll bars.
- Describe personal protective equipment considerations when working around restraint systems.
- Identify each part of the vehicle restraint system when inspecting a vehicle.
- Discuss considerations when servicing vehicle supplemental restraint systems.
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.