Restraint Systems Operation
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Restraint Systems Operation is a 45-minute course that identifies the different types of restraint systems and airbags in addition to their function and operation. You will understand how the restraint systems work together to protect the vehicle occupants and how the airbag system control modules and sensors work together to properly deploy the airbags.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of restraint systems
- Understand how the restraint systems work together to protect the vehicle occupants
- Explain the types and operation of seat belt pre-tensioners
- Recall the function and operation of the two types of roll bars
- Understand how the airbag system control modules and sensors work together to properly deploy the airbags
- Identify the types of airbags and understand their operation
- Identify the types of impact and safing sensors and understand their operation
- Recall the function of the restraints control module
- Recall the function and operation of the driver and passenger SRS
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.