Preparing a Vehicle for Refinishing
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Preparing a Vehicle for Refinishing is a 75-minute course that explains the tools and techniques used to prepare the affected area of a vehicle for refinishing and the methods used to prepare substrates for refinishing.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the tools and techniques used to remove adhesive-type attachments
- Identify the chemicals used to clean surface contaminants
- Understand the proper cleaning methods
- Recall the purpose of sanding and scuffing before refinishing
- Identify preparation methods for substrates on the vehicle maker finish and on bare steel and aluminum parts
- Identify methods for preparing plastic substrates for repair, including how to identify plastics and clean plastic parts
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.