Introduction to Squeeze-Type Resistance Spot Welding
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Introduction to Squeeze-Type Resistance Spot Welding is a 1-hour course that explains the spot-welding process. This course explores the various parts of a spot welder and lists the steps for spot welder setup. How to make a spot weld, determine weld quality, and listing the steps required for weld bonding are also covered.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the squeeze-type resistance spot welding (STRSW) process.
- Identify considerations when using STRSW and the stages for making a resistance spot weld.
- Identify equipment and settings used in squeeze-type resistance spot welding.
- Identify types of STRSW power sources, arm sets, and electrode tips.
- Identify inverter-type equipment, control settings, and programmed settings.
- Identify steps to make resistance spot welds.
- Identify steps to prepare panels, fit up panels, shunt the current, determine pitch/edge distances, and test resistance spot welds.
- Identify the weld-bonding process.
- Identify weld-bonding procedures, flange preparation steps, and weld-bond testing requirements.
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.