Hazardous Airborne Pollutant Reduction
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain requirements of the EPA regulations and evaluate how they apply to specific businesses
- Identify hazardous air pollutants (HAP) and how they can affect public health and the environment
- Understand how to use personal protection equipment
- Identify ways to reduce the amount of methylene chloride (MeCl) paint stripper
- Identify equipment that reduces the amount of HAP
- Identify spray application techniques and gun adjustments that reduce the amount of HAP released into the environment
- Understand spray gun cleaning requirements
- Understand spraybooth requirements and filter maintenance schedules material
What is the EPA Final Rule? It is a piece of environmental legislation that affects every collision repair facility. This legislation was designed to provide guidelines for working with products that create hazardous air pollutants and requires any person who applies coatings with a spray gun to receive training on hazardous air pollutant reduction. This program explains the Final Rule, the training requirements, which this program helps achieve, and lists products that fall under the Final Rule. In addition, this program provides tips and techniques for reducing the amount of hazardous products used, as well as provides recommendations for proper product application equipment and application environments. Following the information provided in this program not only benefits overall air quality in the United Sates, but increases worker safety, reduces material costs, and helps ensure compliance with EPA regulations.
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.