Full-Frame / Unitised Structure Pulling Overview
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Full-Frame/Unitized Structure Pulling Overview is a 1 hour and 30-minute course that examines the equipment, setup, repair planning, and process for structural pulling. You will be able to describe damage types, proper pulling procedures, and will understand the unique differences among straightening both unitized and full-frame vehicles.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify pulling equipment, tools, and attachments.
- Recall proper repair planning for pulling.
- Recall vehicle anchoring, pulling direction and processes.
- Identify various types of pulls, including single, multiple, and vector pulls.
- Recall monitoring applied force with pressure gauges and the sound of the pump.
- Recall basic setup for upward and downward pulls.
- Identify how to monitor a pull with measuring systems, and how to monitor the effects of a pull by looking for cracks or tears.
- Recall how to properly stress-relieve metal with the use of heat or vibration.
- Recall full-frame structures require more pulling force than unitized structures.
- Recall the proper ways to anchor a full-frame structure and its unitized body
- Identify how indirect damage shows up differently between full-frame and unitized vehicles.
- Identify if a straightened part needs to be replaced.
- Recall the considerations for full-frame straightening.
- Recall what a diamond condition is, how to measure for it, and how to correct it.
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.