Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Full-Frame Replacement is a 90-minute course that details the importance of preparation, planning, and organization necessary for a full-frame replacement. You will also identify parts and systems that will require disconnection or removal. Additionally, you will determine the necessary steps for post-repair inspection and verify if any calibrations are required before conducting a test drive.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to plan the disassembly workflow
- Establish a repair plan based on research and inspections
- Identify items used for organizing and storing parts and hardware
- Understand vehicle preparation requirements before a front-end damaged full-frame swap
- Identify electrical systems and parts that require disconnection
- Determine which fluids to remove from the vehicle
- Understand the considerations for lifting a vehicle
- Identify the parts that require disconnection and removal while a vehicle is in the lift
- Identify the systems and parts that require disconnection and removal after the vehicle is separated from the frame
- Understand the reassembly process onto the new frame
- Determine which fluids need to be refilled after vehicle reassembly
- Understand the vehicle pre-check steps
- Describe the considerations for performing a suspension alignment
- Verify system operation and other post-repair inspection items
- Determine if calibrations are required
- Identify any remaining DTCs during a post-repair scan
- Identify what to look for during a test drive
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.