Electronic Braking and Stability Control Systems Overview
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Electronic Braking and Stability Control Systems Overview is a 45-minute course that explains anti-lock braking system (ABS) operation and damage inspection. The function, operation, and damage inspection of the traction control system (TCS) as well as the stability control system (SCS) are also covered within this course.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe ABS operation.
- Define wheel slip.
- Define brake lockup.
- Identify how the ABS parts function within the system.
- Explain how to inspect for damage of the anti-lock braking system.
- Identify the parts of the traction control system (TCS).
- Explain the role of the stability control system (SCS).
- Explain the role of sensors in the SCS.
- Describe oversteer and understeer.
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.