Convenience Systems Operation and Service
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Convenience Systems Operation and Service is a one-hour course that introduces vehicle convenience system operations, their parts, and servicing. This course addresses vehicle access systems, power mirrors, glass and wiper features as well as power seats, power doors and driver information center systems.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- List the parts of a power lock system
- Describe the parts of a keyless entry system
- List the types of theft-deterrent systems and how they operate
- Explain how a power mirror operates and its associated optional equipment
- List the parts of a power window assembly and explain its operation
- Name the types of heated glass systems and their service considerations
- Explain how windshield wiper systems operate
- Discuss options that may be included in seat systems and their function
- Explain the safety considerations for removing a seat
- List the types of remote operation used to activate power doors
- List the parts that make up a power door assembly
- Identify features included in navigation and infotainment systems
- Explain how GPS systems operate
- List information commonly displayed on a driver information center
- List service considerations for head-up display systems
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.