Composite Repair Overview
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Composite Repair Overview is a one-hour course that identifies the types of composite materials used in vehicle construction, hazards when working with composites, and how to perform a single- and two-sided repair on fiber-reinforced plastic. An overview of carbon fiber, including the types, how it is manufactured, how to inspect for damage, repair options, and repair challenges are also provided.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of composite materials
- Understand the hazards when working with composites
- Identify the proper safety equipment required to protect the technician
- Recall the types of composite repairs
- Explain when and how to make a one-sided and two-sided repair on composite material
- Identify the types of carbon fiber
- Learn how to inspect carbon fiber
- Understand the repair options for carbon fiber
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.