Basic Colour Theory
Online Self Study
Price (CRA Membersmbrs)
Price (Non CRA Membersmbrs)
This is a self-study online course with audio that will be loaded within 24 hours onto your myI-CAR Login when registering for this course.
You will need your myI-CAR username and password to access the course. Once you have started the delivery this can be paused and resumed at any time. For a brief overview video on how this works click here.
Basic Color Theory is a one-hour course that explains the characteristics of color, light, metallics, and pearls. Color evaluation as well as color matching tools and how to use them are discussed. Considerations are also given in this course for when and how to tint.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how light affects color
- Recall characteristics of color, light, metallics, and pearls
- Recall how to determine the correct color of a vehicle
- Understand how to evaluate color
- Identify color-matching tools and how to use them
- Recall how to mix toners to make the basecoat
- Understand the use of a colored undercoats effect panel and let-down panel
- Recall refinish material and equipment considerations before tinting
- Understand when tinting is needed
- Recall the recommendations on how to tint
Please note: Payment is not taken through the website for course registrations. You will be sent an invoice based on your cart purchases.