Due to demand from industry, I-CAR NZ has now launched the Silver Recognition Programme.
Silver is the next step after Bronze and continues in the drive towards recognition of skills for collision repair technicians. Your pathway to silver is as follows:
Silver Recognition Level
- Achieve Bronze recognition
- Complete any remaining courses from Bronze Level
- Current WCS03 Automotive Steel MIG Welding Test (Mandatory for Repairer strand)
- Complete 12 hours of courses from the following list:
- WCS04 (4 hours) – STRSW Squeeze Type Resistance Spot Welding (Inverter Spot Welding)
- ALT03 (4 hours) – Hybrid Electric and Alternative Fuel Vehicles (previously ALT02)
- RTI01 (4 hours) – Researching Technical Information (Mandatory for Administration strand)
- NEW17 (2 hours) – Vehicle Technology, Trends, Scanning and Calibration (Mandatory for Repairer strand from 1 January 2016 unless RTI01 has been completed). Will change annually as new technology evolves eg. NEW18, NEW19 etc
- NZ Model Specific update courses (1 hour) – Holden, Hyundai
- NZ Model Specific courses (2 hours) – Suzuki, Holden, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Mitsubishi
- NZ Model Specific courses (4 hours) – Mazda, Toyota
Silver Recognition certification requires annual revalidation by completing at least 2 hours of I-CAR NZ accredited training annually.